Operated by Warren and Carol Weibert since 1977, Decatur County Feed Yard in northwest Kansas is a family business built on three profit-driven, time-proven principles:
- Ranchers retaining ownership of cattle through the feed yard.
- Managing and marketing cattle as individuals.
- Providing comprehensive individual animal performance data to ranchers.
Together, these steps create a precise benchmarking system that shows you, the rancher, the strengths and weaknesses of your herd. This information enables you to make objective culling and bull-purchasing decisions to dramatically and quickly improve your herd’s profitability.
Who We Are
Decatur County Feed Yard today:
- 140+ participating ranchers
- Ranchers from 20+ states, from Hawaii to Florida
- Herd sizes ranging from 100 to 10,000 head
- 40,000-head capacity
- Hundreds of thousands of managed cattle in our database
- A Certified Angus Beef (CAB) Partner
For too many years, the cattle industry has been a guessing game. We believe we’ve found a better way.
It has taken many years to get us where we are today, but we’re just getting started. Here’s a look at our history so far.
If Warren Weibert seems to understand where farmers and ranchers are coming from, it’s probably because he came from the very same place.