Warren Weibert, Co-Owner and General Manager
If Warren Weibert seems to understand where farmers and ranchers are coming from, it’s probably because he came from the very same place. Raised on his parents’ cattle feeding operation and wheat farm in central Kansas, Warren is more comfortable on a farm than anywhere in the world. For him, the day-to-day work — the commitment of it — is as natural as breathing.
Warren earned a B.S. in animal science from Kansas State University before taking over the reins at Decatur County Feed Yard in 1977. The more experience he gained, the more he sought out fresh ideas to elevate profits for his business and his clients. He has continually searched for new and better ways to take the guesswork out of raising and feeding profitable cattle. His goal — and what he wants for Decatur’s clients — is to constantly improve that process, and to do it with an integrity and honesty that honors his Midwestern, family-owned business.
Warren takes pride in Decatur’s role as an innovator and its 40-plus years of business. But more than anything, he appreciates the relationships he and his family have built with clients.
Beef Industry Leadership
- CattleFax — Past President, Past Board Member
- Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board — Past Member
- Kansas Agriculture and Rural Leadership Board — Past Chairman
- Kansas Beef Council — Past Board Member
- Kansas Livestock Association — Past Feeders Council Chairman, Past President
- Livestock & Meat Industry Council — Member
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association committees — Past Chairman, Past Member
- Kansas 4-H Foundation Board — Member
- K-State Agriculture Alumni Board — Past Member
- K-State Alumni Association Board — Past Member
- K-State College of Agriculture Dean's Advisory Council — Member
- KSU Foundation Board of Trustees — Member
- Oberlin Rotary Club — Past President
- Oberlin United Methodist Church Board of Trustees — Past Chairman
- Livestock and Meat Industry Council Stockman of the Year — 2009
- K-State Alumni Fellow, College of Agriculture — 2006
- National Cattlemen’s Foundation Regional Vision Award — 2000
- Ladd Hitch Award for innovation and leadership in the beef industry — 1998